Heuer chronicles how in southwestern Utah, Town & Country Bank found its 'de novo' niche with sophisticated services that everyday folks enjoy. The article revolves around Town & Country’s many unique customer service differentiators. Special features that reinforce Town & Country Bank’s slogan - “Where banking is a simple pleasure.”
The DIFFERENTIATORS -
1. Concierge banking - sit-down, tellerless customer service for all retail customers-in addition to technology. The human touch is important for the area’s large over-40 demographic.
2. Building architecture - passersby take pictures of the exterior, come inside and feel like they’re at home.
3. Personal touch - customers are greeted at the door and escorted to an employee for assistance.
4. Free Friday concert series - contributes to the community bank’s reputation as a destination.
5. Proprietary ATM card - your “Town Card” helps drive business to 250 participating local merchants.
6. Free courier service - provides banking services for busy local business owners who don’t have time to leave their shop.
7. Women’s banking group - provides seminars for the 22 percent of businesses owned by women proprietors.
8. 24-person advisory board - meets monthly to take up issues that broaden the bank’s community-wide base of support.
9. Big boss blitz - a management calling program in which four senior staff take the time once a week to go meet with a customer.
10. Customer newsletter - presents useful news and widely read information to the community.
11. Powerful brand - the bank’s Town & Country name appeals to the local image of creating the Palm Springs of Utah.
The writer interviewed several bank team members and business customers in the article explains how the the success of the bank's ability to attract and retain customers has played key role in its success during down economy.
The online edition of the magazine and article can be found at “Independent Banker.org”.
Town & Country Bank reports the community financial institution is profitable and well capitalized. The bank will release its latest earnings report later this month.