The Cedar City Police Department reminds all users of the city parks and trails to abide by the following safety tips.
1. Let someone know where you are going and what time they can expect you to return.
2. Walk with a friend or a group of friends, especially after dark.
3. Avoid using ear buds or ear phones that would limit your ability to hear your surroundings.
4. Carry a cell phone with you so that you will be able to report suspicious activity.
5. The Canyon Park Walking Trail along with the East and West Canyon Parks close at dark.
Anyone having seen any suspicious persons or activity along the Canyon Park Walking Trail in the evening hours of Saturday July 21st is encouraged to contact the Cedar City Police Department. Call (435) 586-2956.