844 W. Telegraph Street, St. George. The purpose of the event is to educate the community on common household fire dangers and provide them with information and tips to prevent a fire. Nearly 40 percent of home fires start in the kitchen. The event will feature educational materials on home fire safety prevention, instructions on the proper use and maintenance of smoke alarms and fire extinguishers, tours of the fire engine, Q&A with firemen and AAA Utah representatives and giveaways. Free smoke alarms will be available while supplies last.As we move into winter, the shorter days and colder temperatures call for more indoor activities, making it an important time to remind people about the fire dangers associated with cooking, heating and electrical. Each year, more than 2,500 people die and nearly 14,000 are injured in home fires nationwide, according to the National Fire Protection Association, with direct property loss exceeding $7 billion.