House Fire Claims Two Lives in St. George
Image 1 / 2
St. George home in which two died Friday (CSG photo)
(St. George, UT) - St. George 911 dispatch received multiple calls at 3:19am Friday morning reporting a fire in the Sand Town neighborhood of St. George. St. George Fire Department and St. George Police Department personnel arrived on the scene minutes later at 333 West 400 North minutes to find a home engulfed in flames. First responder emergency personnel evacuated the occupants of the home. Two individuals were transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George where they were pronounced dead.
The St. George Fire Department with assistance from the St. George Police and the State of Utah Fire Marshalls office are conducting an investigation into the cause of the fire. Officials report 40% of the home was destroyed and the remaining 60% sustained smoke damage.
The identity of the two individuals who died has not been released. KCSG news will provide updates as they are made available from officials sources.